Monday, March 22, 2010

so little time

What an eventful weekend. I have to admit, I probably was a little ambitious in my last post. Of the four crafts I planned to finish this past weekend, I managed to get through about one and a half - and that's in summation.

1) Sew a hospital gown.
76% done.
I cut out the pieces from the pattern (yes, all 3 pieces), stitched them together, and finished the open edges. I mounted snap buttons on grosgrain ribbons to use as snap tape for the sleeves, and attached 1 of 4 tapes. It took me forever to attach one - of course when i tuck the hem in and sew it, I realize it's on the wrong side of the fabric and have to rip the seams and reattach. Hopefully if all goes well I'll sew on the other 3 tapes, finish up the remaining raw edges, and attach back ties by tonight.


2) Sew a nursing cover.
0% done.
I didn't even get this far. In fact, I just realized I can make 2 nursing covers with the fabric I bought. I keep forgetting that there's a fold when you get fabric off the bolt. BUT, in terms of percent done, I will only base this off the creation of one -- just so some people don't tell me how overambitious I am.


3) Craft Thank You favors.
5% done.
I managed to select design themes for the favors. I already know the color theme. Baby's room will be decorated in an array of pinks, creams, and chocolates, with sage accents. As I've already seen the invitations for one of the baby showers, I'm sure it would totally be cute and match. I still have to do the math for the assembly of the favor, but now that I know how I'll be designing it, I feel less overwhelmed that I need to make like 50 of them over the next 4 weeks.

4) Crocheting cute stuff.
94% done.
I finished crocheting the legs, stuffed all the pieces, and attached the body parts together. I don't have eye beads, nor do I know where I would be able to find them, so I think it may permanently be 94% done. It's actually not bad looking without a face. In fact, I'm thinking that trying to embroider a mouth and the ill-placement of eyes may make my cute bear into another freak spawn of Ms. Spears. Ok, it's decided. I'm done with it. Until I can find eyes and a cute way to attach them, this project is complete.

Other: DH and I did manage to work on our house activities this weekend before he had to leave for work. We picked out floor, carpet, and re-arranged the kitchen to accommodate the microwave, warming drawer, and a built in ice chest. Now we're just waiting on that darn appliance quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment